Chocolate cake with Nutella frosting23 December 2016
The Hot Mess Travels – Cork, Ireland11 January 2017
OMG this is probably the best banana cake I have ever made in my entire life. This cake is super moist, sweet and tasty you’ll definetly need to take another slice. If you are lloking for something quick and easy to make, this cake is exactly what you are looking for. I liked it even more than the banana loaf that I made a couple of posts ago. You could definetly use this recipe to make a loaf. You’ll probably end up making two loafs because there is quite a lot of batter, but i’m pretty sure it will work just as well. Also, the cream cheese frosting goes perfect with this cake, cause you definetly need something creamy to go with it. And since it’s christmas season, you definetly want to add some walnuts on top, just for a special extra touch. Let me know what you think about this cake, if you make it. I’m sure you are all going to love it. Oh and if you have any suggestions on what I should bake next, please feel free to write it in the comments down below. I would love to read your ideas guys!
P.S I left the measurments in cups, if you need it in grams write it in the comments and I’ll be happy to convert it for you.
- 1⅓ cup mashed bananas
- 2½ tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
Cream cheese frosting
- 230 gr cream cheese
- 50 gr of powdered sugar
- 120 ml heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170 C°. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Place 1½ tablespoons lemon juice in a measuring cup. Top to 1½ cups with milk. Set aside.
- Mix together mashed banana with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, set aside.
- Beat together butter, brown and white sugar until combined. Stir in eggs and vanilla until mixed.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to egg mixture stirring just until combined.
- Fold in bananas. Pour into prepared pan.
- Put into the oven and reduce heat to 300 degrees. Bake 60 – 70 minutes (see note below) or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not over bake). (If your cake is not cooked through, continue baking until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a bowl beat together the cream cheese and sugar until combined.
- Add the heavy cream and beat on high until nicely whipped.
- Then add vanilla, whip until combined.
- Spread a thick layer on top of the cake and top with walnuts.